Friday, April 5, 2013

26.Craftsy course

Have you heard of Craftsy?  Amongst other things they sell downloadable patterns - I bought my Wiksten skirt from here (why can't I seem to find it on there now?)- and they do online sewing courses.

They have sales all the time and I have decided to sign up for Susan Khalje called The Couture Dress.  For a short time it is $US24.99 which is 50%off and the course includes Vogue pattern V8648 which is mailed to you!
V8648
Source



Apparently this is what I will learn:
  • Muslin construction 
  • Fit adjustment techniques
  • Underlining
  • How to hand-stitch perfect hems
  • Pattern customization strategies
I haven't even done a "live"sewing course and I have learnt to sew initially from my Mum and then self-taught, so this should be very informative.  The best part of an online course is that I can do it at my pace, in my time without deadlines.  Sounds great doesn't it?  My plan is to wait until the pattern arrives and we are happily ensconced in our new house - only 3 weeks away - eek!

2 comments:

  1. The dress pattern looks really nice, lots of options to suit your style - They keep emailing me about their courses but I haven't bothered to really look into them much. I am interested to see what you think :)

    Good luck with the move! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so many courses - too much choice really. I was also thinking of doing a "Fit" course but I will wait to see if this is worth it.

      Delete