Monday, January 7, 2013

10. Christmas presents

For Julians carers at Childcare (all 10 of them!), I decided to use this fantastic tutorial and make little zipper pouches for Christmas thank you gifts.  They were really simple to whip up - that is once I decided to put in all the zips first.  When I was trying to complete a pouch at a time, I was swapping needles from the zipper foot to the 1/4"seam foot and forgetting to change the needle position - it only took 3 broken needles to discover that I am not switched on enough in the evening to do this!

 
 
 I liked these so much that I decided to make them for my cousin-in-law (top left); Mum (bottom left) and sister-in-law (bottom right).  And for once, I made one for me (top right).  The little key-ring on the side allows me to clip it onto my work bag - now I will always be able to find my phone :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment