Sunday, February 24, 2013

16. The you-can't-lose-me Vest

I was at a busy playground a couple of weeks ago and I lost Julian amongst the other kiddies.  He was found without a drama but I started to think about making him something to wear which would make him stand out in a crowd.

When I was at Spotlight picking up some needlecord, I spyed some beautiful animal print polar fleece and next to it was a roll of orange polar fleece.  Perfect.  I guessed at 1/2m each and came home with a plan to make a vest which I had seen in one of my Ottobre magazines (06/2012).

It is on the left with the Union Jack applique.  I cut a size 98cm as Julian is 97cm (and not even 2.5years old!) and this is the result:

All up including the zip and thread it cost just under $12!  Labour wise it took about 3 hours, so definitely worth the effort.

I will update this post when I have a photo of Julian at a playground wearing it (most likely not this week as everyday has been over 30degC!).


No comments:

Post a Comment