Sunday, March 3, 2013

17. Handmade Fabric Swap

Today I received the group I am in for the Handmade Fabric Swap.
And here they are:
Louise in London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisebatten/
Stephanie in  Berkshire: www.thecraftykitty.co.uk
Amber just up the road in Victoria: www.cumquatsandquinces.blogspot.com
Caitlin in North Carolina:  www.saltyoat.com


I am excited and nervous all at the same time!  I am not Albrecht Durer but I have carved lino blocks and printed on paper before.  Surely fabric printing can't be that hard!  Gulp.

Thankfully my little group doesn't look as intimidating as my friend whose group includes Leslie (the organiser), 2 professional fabric printers and someone who has just completed a Lotta Jansdotter printing course - No pressure!  I should say that she does have buckets of printing talent, so they may even learn something from her :)

Now fellow groupies don't get nervous, but this is my inspiration:
 
Source

I am thinking of a layered print but my plans may change once I begin drawing/carving/printing when my ambition outstrips my ability.  I also don't want it to look like a childrens print so hopefully I can pull this one off.

I wonder what my groupies have planned?  I can't wait to see.

PS - we sold our house a day before the auction, so the cushions obviously worked ;)

1 comment:

  1. ohhh shucks, i had a look at your group, look so exciting too. i am feeling more fun than fear - everyone looks so lovely and the things they make wonderful.

    ReplyDelete